Nowadays, fitness apps are widely used. By the end of 2025, the global market for fitness apps will be worth $13 billion, according to recent research. In order to maintain a healthy lifestyle, people track their daily activity. Of course, they prefer appealing and user-friendly apps for this.
About Fitness Apps
To better understand the sector, let’s start with the facts. Fitness apps can be of various types. You can incorporate the necessary features depending on the type you select. It goes without saying that the cost of the fitness application is mostly determined by the features of the app and their complexity.
Types Of Fitness Apps
There are many different kinds of fitness apps:
- Workout Apps- Users of these fitness software can choose their own exercise program. Although the training routines offered on the app are typically not individualized, they do provide important details about each exercise, such as which muscle group is used and how many calories are burned. Users can choose appropriate exercises to add to their routines and make educated judgments thanks to this.
Some fitness coaching apps offer customized exercises based on user preferences and desired outcomes. MyCoach app, which has one million users across 25 countries, is one such example.
- Nutrition And Diet Apps- A healthy diet is crucial to maintaining your fitness. Users of nutrition software can register microelements, count calories, and keep track of the food they eat throughout the day. MyPlate Calorie Counter is a prime illustration. These programs can also suggest a menu based on the user’s preferences and goals (e.g., losing weight, building muscle, etc.).
They can adjust to the individual’s current choices, such as veganism, vegetarianism, ketosis, intermittent fasting, etc.
- Activity Tracking Apps- These fitness tracking tools keep tabs on your daily steps, as well as the speed and distance of your jogging and cycling. Adidas Running by Runtastic is one illustration. Applications for activity monitoring frequently connect to wearables that may monitor your heart rate, blood pressure, and other vital signs.
- Meditation and yoga apps- This collection of apps includes guided meditation exercises, yoga positions lessons, and other yoga-related content. One example is the popular Daily Yoga app, which offers over 50 training routines and enables users to interact with other yoga practitioners, exchange experiences, and find inspiration.
How Much Does It Cost To Build A Fitness App?
Unfortunately, there is no universal answer. Fitness app development costs vary depending on a variety of aspects, such as the complexity of the design, the location of the development team, UX/UI design, quality assurance, and more.
There are various kinds of fitness apps. Developers integrate pertinent features based on the type you select, which also affects how much it costs to produce. Costs increase as features increase. However, it’s standard procedure to create an MVP version of the app and get user input before investing additional money in the concept. A minimal viable product, or MVP, is a program that has only the essential functionality necessary to satisfy customer needs. You can gradually add more sophisticated features and draw in more consumers after launching an MVP.
So how can you calculate the price of developing a fitness app?
Start by adding up the amount of time needed for each development phase, such as back-end, UX/UI design, iOS or Android programming, and project management. Then, double the time by the hourly rate of the development team.
How Can You Keep Your Development Costs Down When Creating A Fitness App?
You can create an MVP before the finished product in order to make an app for minimal money. An MVP has fewer functionality than a fully equipped app and is less expensive.You can update your app and add more features over time based on customer feedback and demand. You can cut costs and development time by doing this.
Platform And Tech Stack
There are two widely used platforms for developing mobile fitness apps: Android and iOS. Since there will be two code bases if you decide to employ native code to create two distinct apps, this will raise the typical cost of a fitness app. There are some steps, though, that you will only take once.
For instance, your application will have a consistent style and experience across both platforms.
Choose cross-platform app development services that make use of tools like Flutter and Xamarin unless your program is specialized for one of the platforms. Using this technology, programmers will produce a single source code that will be converted into native code for several systems. By doing this, the time and effort required to construct both apps will be reduced by about 40%. But complex projects might not be suited for this technology. Others contend that native solutions offer a superior user experience.
Top 4 Fitness Apps
- Best for women: Sweat – 120$ per year
- Best for wellness: Grokker – 120$ per year
- Best for losing weight: WW Digital – 240$ per year
- Best for personal training: Future – 150$ per month
From tracking our steps and calorie intake to providing guided workout plans, these apps have everything we need to reach success.
With the plethora of options available, it is easy to find one that suits our individual preferences and needs, helping us to achieve our desired results. By providing the tools, motivation, and support we need to stay on track, fitness apps have made it easier than ever to reach our fitness goals and lead a healthy, active lifestyle.
To create the app you need a dedicated team, so share your project and WonderIt will take care of the rest.